I interrupt this blog to broadcast a call to arms to all the crafters out there who are fans of the genius of Joss Whedon.
His latest work of brillance is an awesome online show called Dr. Horrible. It's about a wannabe villian who's trying to get into the Evil League of Evil and his nemesis Captain Hammer who continually thwarts his efforts. In an article about the success of his crazy online venture, he said "Fact is, there's been some buzz, but it hasn't reached the places it would normally. Where's our write-up in Crocheting Monthly? (I did a very sexy shoot for that one.)"
So the editor of Interweave Crochet and founder of CrochetMe.com is trying to get an interview with Mr. Whedon to fix this sad situation. The best way to get Whedon's attention is getting the internets buzzing so - here's the list of things you can do to help (cribbed from crochetme.com):
1. Go to http://www.crochetme.com/ and comment on this post and include a photo or a link to something Whedon-related that you have crafted or bought from someone who made it by hand. This post can serve as evidence of the legion crafty Whedon fans.
2. Blog about this and link back to the crochetme.com post; post about this on the crafty boards you frequent.
3. Speak up. Some of you must know someone who might know someone who can help us get a hold of someone who can tell Joss Whedon how much fun it would be to spend a few minutes with Kim, even over email.
4. Got a Whedonesque membership or know someone who does? Let them know what we're up to! Comment on the post here.
5. Going to Comic Con later this week? Put aside your timidity and walk right up and ask him if he'll talk or email with us. There's no shame in that. Make yourself a Jayne hat to wear just for the occasion!
6. Got some contacts at a big blog somewhere? Or maybe you just like being an enthusiastic anonymous tipper? Let those big-blog writers know! There's enough fun in this to spread it all over the internets, from the crafts world to the tech world to the geek world, and beyond.
Go forth and create internet buzz. And while you're at it - watch Dr. Horrible - it's hilarious and awesome (possibly no longer available online but you can download via ITunes.)!
(ps the crocheted doll above is Jayne from Firefly and is made by the geniuses at GeekCentralStation)