Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baby Gift #1

Whoo hoo! I finished one of the baby gifts! Just in time too, I think the first baby is due in a week or two (it's hard to keep track when everyone is pregnant.) [Previous post on this topic.]

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It was a little fussy pinning everything in place just right so the ricrack would poke out the way it should, but I took extra care to make sure my fabrics were measured and cut into proper rectangles which was a huge help. Usually I'm a little sloppy on the measuring/cutting front... you can imagine the frustrations that causes.

I'm very pleased with this little blankie - I love the polkadot fabric especially - it's cute without being nauseating. And, note that I actually managed to sew straight lines!! WHOO! I was so excited that I did a second round of topstitching.

Hopefully some little kid will be dragging this blanket around for a few years and the mom will have to hide it so he/she doesn't try to take it to the first day of preschool. (Also - I've found a new use for my floor loom - a blanket rack.)

3 comments:

Brook said...

Cute I love the ric rac edge!!! I have been going crazy making baby things as well!

heart-on said...

Look at you miss sewer with those nice straight lines and those beautifully rounded coners!! I also love the look with the ric rac edging. keep up the good work cause you've got heaps more babys to go and just when you think your finished another one pops up!!

Lisa said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one being buried in babies!
=)