Sunday, January 11, 2009

Variegation etc.

Well it's not Friday, but it's only been a few days. It was a busy, yet awesome weekend. Busy might not quite be the right word because I had very little scheduled, but it was all I wanted.

Anyway, as I mentioned I have been attracted to yarns I wouldn't normally use. In particular yarns that are variegated and self-striping. I used to completely avoid them, but since December I have been loving them. Here's a sampling of the ones I have bought and used.

This beautiful silk, kid mohair and nylon blend called Maiden Hair fromHandmaiden was the start of it all.
DSCF3206.JPG

My housemates request for something fuchsia lead me to making a bikini top from colinette.
DSCF3241.JPG

I also made my first project using a noro yarn (the lovely Kochoran) but used my favorite stitch pattern, the diagonal box stitch. One skein made a perfectly sized neckwarmer.
DSCF3249.JPG

My nephew also asked for a blue scarf so I picked worsted weight, kettle died merino from Malabrigo. It's my top priority project to finish right now. It's helping my knitting speed up, but I'm not very pleased with my edges.
DSCF3247.JPG

And finally, the project I have been calling "My Rabbit" all week. It's a primarily angora yarn called Peter Rabbit by Fleece Artist and the colourway is Cosmic Dawn. It's soft and warm and one skein makes a scarf. The pattern is from the latest Interweave Crochet.
DSCF3243.JPG

1 comment:

Lisa said...

wow you've been busy!