Monday, January 19, 2009

Finished Objects 2009!

I don't have anything profound to say - I think I will let the fact that I have finished objects to show already and it's only Jan 20 speak for itself. ;)

So the weaving project I started during the holidays... I finished the weaving portion during the holidays and now just have the dreaded finishing finishing to do. I'm not super thrilled with how the scarf came out, it's a little more rustic than I had in mind. Still, I will finish it and show it off properly, but here's an action shot to give you an idea!


The first really finished project of the year for me is a crocheted hat. It's called the "Divine Hat" and the pattern by Rheatheylia can be found here. I LOVE it. My hat came out a bit on the big side, but I don't mind. I made it out of one of my stash yarns - Bernat Satin. I'm not a huge fan of acrylic yarn (I'm trying to use up all of it from my stash so I can buy natural fibres) but I have to admit that every project I've made with the Bernat satin yarn has been very nice. So if you have to go acrylic, it's a good one.



Hope everyone is is having a good crafty start to 2009. Here's to many more finished objects!

No comments: