Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eek, Holidays!


The Christmas season is fast approaching! Eek! So much to do, not just for Maked and getting ready for our winter craft fairs, but also the personal crafting that I aspire to each year to try and inject as much handmade love into the season as possible.



I was looking through some pictures of my older beadwork projects and came across some of my beaded ornaments.

I have mixed feelings about these - sometimes I love them, sometimes I'm not a huge fan (too fussy for my taste sometimes), but I do love making them. I always make it up as I go, so the end result is a surprise to me.


I did about a dozen of these as wedding favours for my sisters wedding a few years ago. They were a big hit but I really burned out while making them and haven't done any since. It's been a few years though, so maybe this year I'll do another....

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think they're lovely! I would put some of that stringy tinsel stuff inside for an extra pop of color.

Lisa said...

Hmm - that's an idea. I've often toyed with the idea of putting something inside but could never think of anything that would work!

Unknown said...

Those ornaments are beautiful. I love Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

the ornaments are really beautiful... I haven't seen anything like them. I can see how it would be a lot of work.