Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2 Quick Links

I really should be going to bed because I have an earlier than normal start tomorrow but I found something that's not entirely craft related that I really wanted to share.

Basically, it shows that I love the community I grew up in. I grew up on commercial drive. It was awesome and I only moved away from it a few years ago. I would move back there if circumstances allow. On a larger scale though, I think this article about commercial drive also says something about the philosophy you can find in Vancouver that also makes me love the whole city sometimes.

Finally the link: Street Banners become shopping bags!

I did say two links though. The second one is throughly craft related. The only crochet magazine I buy, Interweave Crochet, has released it's spring preview online. There's some clear favorite patterns already on Ravelry (troubadour socks, butterscoth cardigan) I'm loving the geometric dress, though it will require a neckline modification for me. The stitch pattern looks perfect for summer, and the hemline is just like one of my absolute favorite skits.

At last the link: IC Spring preview

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you posted these - the Commercial Drive banner idea is fabulous and the new issue of Interweave crochet looks delicious! So nice to see such nice crochet patterns out there!