Saturday, March 15, 2008

Follow the Lines

(Above quilt & photo by Sasikirana)
Kalin and Lisa were over tonight and I showed them my new sewing books. Lisa was particularly taken with the "Follow-the-Lines Baby Quilt" in Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts. This si something I am definitely going to try once I get a machine that can do free motion. It's a great idea, especially if there's a fabric you really really love, you're not crazy about piecing, or you're just plain running out of time.

(Above quilt and photo by Mariarosa)
I told Lisa I'd send her the links to some pics I had starred on flickr, but then I figured I might as well blog about them. I don't know any of the makers and I certainly didn't have anything to do with the making of the quilts. I do however think the work is gorgeous and wanted to give it special attention.


Especially on this last one, the quilting can almost make it look like the designs were appliqu├ęd on. And the same technique can be used to make totally different looking quilts depending on the fabric.

1 comment:

burrito said...

I really am obsessed with this idea.... so many possibilities.

Must stay away from fabric store. Must stay away!