Monday, October 22, 2012

My kind of DIY video

I love video tutorials as much as the next crafter - but sometimes I'm not really into making a specific thing (project) as much as I want to really properly understand how to do a thing. Why certain things work the way they do - if I can get that bit, then I can usually figure out the rest.

That's why I'm excited about this proposed idea by Kim Werker and Ben Z Cooper to produce a series of tutorials that focus on the fundamentals of various kinds of skills. Except that makes it sound boring and I know Kim, so I know it won't be boring - it'll be awesome. Their goal is to arm us all with the confidence that comes from understanding enough about something to figure out what questions to ask next - that is a powerful thing.

If you're into this kind of thing, then please join me in contributing to their campaign to raise enough funds for a pilot season!

Kim explains it far better than I do....

 

No comments: