Friday, November 18, 2011

Keeping it Simple

Most of my craft projects tend to be very detailed and intricate.  They can take months to finish. I don't know why I'm attracted to really lengthy projects that take forever to complete, perhaps because I feel like if I'm going to go to the trouble of making something by hand, I want it to be amazing and complicated/elaborate.  Still, every now and then I get the urge to make something quick and simple. Or I'll get an idea for something that is very plain and I can't bear to make it more fussy.

I've been missing my beads lately, what with all the other crafts, so that combined with some components I picked up at the store recently resulted in a few new necklaces that I'm very pleased with! Simple, unfussy necklaces - some with an sparkly industrial style even.  I know my style might not appeal to everyone, but that's another benefit of making stuff for yourself - it can be custom made to suit me! 

I do feel strange showing these off as things I 'made' when I really just assembled components that other people/factories made.  It's not the kind of handmade I usually do!  Let's call this, necklaces I assembled.

First off - a very simple, classy snowflake necklace for winter.  It's got a bit of sparkle and I combined it with sterling silver chain and a pretty magnetic clasp I've been holding on to, waiting for the right project.



Next, does it get any easier than this? A cool bar component that is industrial + sparkly, paired with stainless steel neckwire. I thought about making this more complicated but love it too much as it is.


Last one - harder to assemble, but still keeping it simple & clean - a two bar necklace.

Sometimes it's good to do something different. It is also very nice to be able to finish several projects in one sitting for a change!

These may appear in the etsy shop one day - email me if you're interested.

No comments: