Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Might Be Very Lucky

So this weekend I'm headed down to Portland with the hubby and some friends. This was already exciting because I haven't been to Portland in ages and it's so full of wonderful things. Hubs is especially looking forward to all the coffee and bike shops, all of us can't wait to get our grubby little paws on the books in Powell's, we're trying to figure out how to visit 12 brew pubs a night . . . but more than anything I'm looking forward to the crafty shopping. I mean yarnia anyone? How cool does this place look? Very cool. I'm actually quite overwhelmed. I even found a google map that just fills the whole city of Portland up with this little arrows pointing out all the fun places I'll never make it to. So, already I've decided I'll have to go back every weekend.

Then as I'm poking about the internet I start hearing about a quilt market/trade show thing.

Rhiannon's train of thought:
1.Oh, that sounds kind of neat, I should look into it.
2.HOLY CRAP this sounds awesome.
3. Boo, it's all officially trade and not open to the general public.
4. Wait a minute, I work for a company that deals in embroidery thread. Hmmmm....

So today at work I very casually bring it up with my boss.

Me:"Umm, Fran, any chance I could photocopy some credentially like stuff off of you to swindle my way into this trade show."
Boss/Fran: "Oh, our American division is a vendor at that show. I'll have them put aside a pass for you."
Me: "Yeah, sure, whatever, no worries."
Me in my head: Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I'm actually really nervous about posting this because I feel like it's a little to good to be true. So for now I'll just say that when I get back from Portland you will all at least get breakdown of how it all went horribly wrong.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Heh - that's funny and awesome. I just read about that show today actually - very cool that you'll get in!