Monday, October 11, 2010

Safety + Blocking

Next up in the "Safety without the Ugly" line - a set of pins inspired by an old computer game. Probably something you'll recognize. :) The ghost is made of the super reflective material, and the pacman is made of high-visibility yellow material. I think they'd look cute on a messenger bag - and they'll add some visibility factor without being ugly. Yay!

On the crochet front - I've been working on the Alpine Frost pattern since the Winter 2008 issue of Interweave Crochet came out. I think it's long enough, so I've started to block it - since this sucker is going to gain a fair bit of length in the blocking process. Since I don't have a blocking board, I'll have to do this in little sections. The before and after is pretty dramatic, but I think I might need to stretch it even more when I block it, get it to open up more. In any case - feels good to be almost done this one!

No comments: